POSITION: Head of Intellectual Property
PHONE NUMBER: +52 (55) 5292 5232
Jonathan Rangel Lora
- • Bello, Gallardo, Bonequi y García, S.C., Head of the Intellectual Property Practice, since February 2019.
- • Dumont Bergman Bider & Co. S.C., Intellectual Property Litigation Manager, from 2012 to 2019;
- • Goodrich Riquelme y Asociados, S.C., Intellectual Property Attorney, from 2011 to 2012;
- • Tsuru Morales Tsuru, Abogados S.C., Intellectual Property Attorney, from 2008 to 2011;
Jonathan joined BGBG in February 2019 as the Head of the Intellectual Property Practice.
Jonathan has advised and managed the trade mark portfolios of some of the leading brands in Mexico and across the globe and has experience of working for clients across a broad range of sectors, such as leading retailers, food distributors and manufacturers, banks, insurers, health, pharma, sports and fashion.
Jonathan has extensive experience of the enforcement and protection of IP rights. This includes counseling on Intellectual Property Contracts, well-known and famous brands, sports law, administrative law and constitutional law. He has been very active in the litigation practice, representing clients before the Mexican Patent and Trademark Office (MPTO), the Federal Administrative Court (FAC), the Federal Circuit Court (FCC) and even before the Mexican Supreme Court (MSC). He also represents clients of the firm in the Alternative Dispute Resolution Proceedings with the World Intellectual Property Organization (WIPO).
Jonathan graduated with honors from Universidad Nacional Autónoma de México (UNAM). He also has a Specialization in Intellectual Property Law, UNAM, as well as a Master of International Sports Law by the Instituto Superior de Derecho y Economía (ISDE) in Madrid, Spain.
Jonathan is recognized for his “great legal knowledge.”, and his “great responsiveness” (Benchmark Litigation, 2018, the definitive guide to the market’s leading litigation firms and lawyers).
- • Asociación Nacional de Abogados de Empresa, (ANADE).
- • International Trademark Association (INTA).
Languages: Spanish and English